United Utilities is the UK’s largest listed water company.
Through its subsidiary, United Utilities Water Limited, it manages the regulated water and wastewater network in the North West of England, providing services to around seven million people and businesses. The vast majority of the group’s assets and profit are derived from its regulated UK water business.
Where we operate
- We look after more than 55,000 hectares of catchment land, helping to protect the quality of our water resources
- We manage around 120,000 km of water pipes and sewers to help our customers’ lives flow smoothly
- Our 567 wastewater treatment works help to ensure that the water returned to the environment meets all UK and European legislation
- Our 93 water treatment works deliver around 1,700 million litres of water to 3.2 million customers every day
- We own 178 reservoirs, ensuring our customers can enjoy a resilient water supply
- We’ve invested around £3.8 billion in 2010–15 which has delivered significant customer and environmental benefits and grows the regulatory capital value
REASONS TO INVEST
- We have a clear vision to be a leading North West service provider and one of the best UK water and wastewater companies
- Our management team has extensive commercial, operational and regulatory experience
- Our wholesale revenue and asset base is linked to RPI inflation
- Clarity on allowed returns through to 2020
- We’ve made significant improvements in customer service and operational performance, with more to come
- Externally recognised responsible business credentials
- We’re delivering customer and environmental benefits through substantial capital investment, which drives long-term growth in the regulatory capital value
- Track record of regulatory outperformance; exceeded our 2010–15 targets
- We have a robust capital structure: stable A3 credit rating
- Our sustainable dividend policy targets a growth rate of at least RP inflation per annum to at least 2020
- Total dividend per share of 37.70 pence for 2014/15
This annual report has been prepared in accordance with the principles set out in the International <IR> Framework published by the International Integrated Reporting Council in December 2013.
The Annual Report and Financial Statements (the Annual Report) contains certain forward-looking statements with respect to the operations, performance and financial condition of the group. By their nature, these statements involve uncertainty since future events and circumstances can cause results and developments to differ materially from those anticipated. The forward-looking statements reflect knowledge and information available at the date of preparation of this Annual Report and the company undertakes no obligation to update these forward-looking statements. Nothing in this Annual Report should be construed as a profit forecast. Certain regulatory performance data contained in this Annual Report is subject to regulatory audit.
Terms used in this report:
Unless expressly stated otherwise, the ‘group’, ‘United Utilities’ , ‘UU’ or ‘the company’ means United Utilities Group PLC and its subsidiary undertakings; the ‘regulated business’, ‘regulated activities’ or ‘UUW’ means the licensed water and wastewater activities undertaken by United Utilities Water Limited (formerly United Utilities Water PLC) in the North West of England.
Look out for these icons
Read more online at corporate.unitedutilities.com
Read more information in Strategic Report
Read more information in Governance
Read more information in Financial Statements
Read more information in Shareholder Information